The past few weeks we have been faced with something many of us have never experienced before and while this is an uncertain time, we are confident we will get through this together!
Our donors and staff safety are the top priority at GCAM Plasma. We understand you may have questions and concerns regarding the novel coronavirus (COVID-19). Currently donating plasma is more important than ever. The US Department of Homeland Security considers plasma donation to be a “Critical Infrastructure Industry”, due the high demand of these lifesaving Plasma derived medicines.
We will monitor the situation closely through information shared by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) along with other government and health agencies worldwide in order to keep everyone safe and well informed.
GCAM Plasma is taking additional steps to ensure that we continue to protect you during this time of uncertainty. Here are some preventative measures we have implemented to address the current situation.
- GCAM Plasma has significantly increased the frequency of cleaning and sanitizing of high use surface areas. We are regularly sanitizing tables, counters, chairs, & door handles. We follow FDA reviewed cleaning protocols in response to COVID-19 situation.
- Our staff is limiting close personal contact as a protective measure for Donors & themselves.
- Our team members are frequently washing their hands or using hand sanitizer.
- We encourage our Staff & Donors to stay home if they are not feeling well.
- Donors visiting any of our locations are advised to keep a healthy distance between others.
- Every center has limited the occupancy of total number of employees & donors in compliance to social distancing.
- The temperature of every donor is measured as our standard procedure.
- Donors will be placed in beds 6 feet apart from each other during donations
GCAM Plasma will continue to welcome donors into our centers and operate normal business hours. We continue assessing the situation daily and will adapt as quickly as needed based on the guidance from CDC & WHO. Thank you for your understanding and commitment to helping save lives as a GCAM Plasma Donor.
GCAM Plasma Team